Wednesday, November 4, 2009

How drastically the times have changed

Yesterday due to my ignorance, the cellphone's battery discharged completely. So as an alternative contact, I gave my office's landline number at my home, if in case they wanted to contact me. Yesterday at office, I knew I was going to be late in night, but till morning? So today morning, the office's landline number rang. Four of us guys, who had taken the charge of running ns*s (free of cost literally), were busy giving assistance to our Manager - Ni*in Gu*ta, got surprised at phone's ring. It occurred to me that it could be from my home as it was 6 in morning and my father usually gets up around this time. So the guy who attended the call handed me the phone, and at that time I was in a state of complete shock! Not because I had been at office for more than 20 hours but because it was my FATHER who called me up to inquire when I was coming...

A few years back, before the advent of Cellphones, it used to be me instead of my Father to call and inquire when will the receiver of the Landline phone be leaving.

It isn't that it was the first time I have beeen out of my home for the whole night and neither is it the case that my father called me up at 6 in the morning, but It was the first time my father called me on Office Landline to inquire when will I be leaving the office for home. A few years and a battery braeak down - A Complete Role Reversal....

I would have never been able to realise this had my cellphone been working!!

No comments:

stat_counter