I was lucky enough to be able to get started with my job, though at a company I never heard of, but it was the only one at that point of time that could provide me some work. Not that I wasnt capable of or was lacking somewhere, but just that I couldn't have the oppurtunity to see the recruitment process for some big "Dream Companies". The simple reason being the flawed selection criteria that judges ou by how well you scored ("How well can you cram up ") rather than testing you on your understanding, awareness, interest and knowledge.
Many good comapnies came and I just stood by waiting for them to have a look at my resume, my projects, my publications, my awards, my interest and importantly look at my capabilities. None of them actually had a look.
I began to mould myself accordingly, asserting that I was lacking somewhere and should divert from this field. My interest in those things which earlier had my adneraline running high, now slowly began to dissolve.
Ah and now : taking a similey from computer's language:
These comapnies had recruited students: DECLARATION
The recruited students actually got the job and are working: EXECUTION
So the declration was good but still the execution is demanding.
Now looking back, I can just say " Jo hota hai Aache ke Liye Hota hai" --- Or is it that we make it happen like that so that whenever we look back, we always find ourselves on the correct path.
Till this point, when I got the execution running fine, I was again filled with all ambitions that had perhaps gone in coma earlier. All the previously gained knoweldge was now to be put into, and utilised in the best possible way. Importantly, I had with me those "Top Scorers and the DRs from NSIT and DCE". With all praises for those "Big Dream Cos", for them working inthis never-heard-company was never lesser than a curse---curse of the Recession that had gripped the f**king US economy all tightlier. These guys just found this Practical Implementation just too wierd. All was of that was a rocking moment for me. Only a few times in my life before, had I felt so relaxed,light and contented.
And so began the task, the task of building up the company and myself together. All of thiswas a great moment, I was working on the things I had "loved", getting decently paid.It was nothing less than Learning and earning.
but today, came that Realisation- realisation about the company's staff: The earlier recruits were from colleges like MAIT, AMITY and others. Since a friend of mine topped at MAIT, therefore I keow the people out there were not interested much in all these things. Because of my friend at MAIT, topping I had a very poor image of MAIT.
But I met a recruit here, from MAIT who forced me to dissolve this dogma. Her knowledge in her field is unparalled! She also got admit from GATECH! Passing out of the same batch, how could two people be standing on two opposite ends? Realsiation ....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment